josielowe

Do I use bedding in the Cube?

Hello

Sorry for the seemingly daft question :think: - but I've recently taken delivery of a cube (very pleased). :dance:

Do I need to put bedding in the roosting section? I currently put sawdust and shredded paper in the nest box which I change daily and sawdust in the poop tray.

I have ten ex batts (arrived 10.10.09) and they all try to get in the nesting box at night.

Is it because they are used to sleeping crammed in together or is the roosting section too cold? I don't have a run as they are happily roaming around the garden, which is very pleasing to see.

Thanks for the help.

(cube red) x10 GNR

x5 PP (Black Rocks) a bit miffed cause the new girls got the Cube!!

If they are bald-sh they might lke to snuggle so to indulge them short term you cold remove the back roostng bars and fill the area with bedding I suppose

You could just let them sleep in the nesting box or you could go tough love and block the nestbox off at night to encourage them to use the bars

No answer is particularly correct but to answer your original question normally no bedding is needed in the roosting section

Thank you very much for your replies :D

I think I will remove one of the roosting bars and fill it with more bedding - just to relieve the pressure on the very popular nesting box!

The cube is proving very popular and they are putting themselves away at night - no probs with the stairs :clap: Infact the Black rocks have ventured in there to check out the des res :!:

Thanks again