chickenopolis Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 Is this possible... ? Yesterday we cleaned out the run, and replaced the bark which didn't go down too well. There was a lot of stress later on, as it was chucking it down with rain, we eventually got the girls in the run (which is covered) despite them looking very soggy. Think they didn't want to get into the run as there was new bark and they don't like change.. Also put some Poultry Spice in their feed yesterday as well just as an extra boost for them. Haven't wormed them yet We also spotted a rat by the run yesterday afternoon: not sure if the girls saw it. This morning both of our girls came out of the cube quite happily - very alert and vocal but we found 2 eggs (one in the nest box and the other on the roosting bars). The colour of them would suggest that they are Flo's - one was quite light, the other was a softie. We thought that perhaps the change around yesterday that it affected them both and this is what we got today. However, Gloria has just gone up to the nest box to lay an egg. I don't know if she has laid yet, but if she does, that means that Flo laid 2 separate eggs in 12 hours (from them going to bed last night at about 6.10 until I opened the door of the run at 6.30 this morning). Sorry for the rambling, but is this possible??? (not the rambling I mean...the eggs)... Flo seems quite perky, if she has laid 2 eggs she doesn't seem to have suffered by doing so. YES, Glo has laid an egg just now, so Flo must have laid 2 last night. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chunky_Monkey Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 My Araucana, Lucy, laid 2 eggs in one go once She's fine now and it hasn't happened again - she didn't seem to bothered by it in the first place It was more of a shock for me when I found two blue eggs in the nestbox instead of one! I've heard some people say that it's not possible for 2 eggs in one day, but I've heard plenty of people have had a hen do that before. She's probably fine, and will hopefully get back to normal soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 yes if it's a softie. big red laid a double yesturday morning then a softie last night a trick she does about every 10 days or so I've also had her lay a good egg in a morning then 2 softies tea timeish but she always seems fine afterwards I just don't get any eggs of her for 2 or 3 days after Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...