Aga n Chickens

Advice needed on how to re-locate cube and chooks

Hello

We are expecting to move house in the next couple of months and are wondering if anyone else has had to move their cube and chooks.

Our cube was assembled in the garden when Omlet delivered it 18 months ago with the chooks. Now that we want to move it we can see that it will be too large to wheel down the side of the house to get it onto a truck, even with the run taken off :roll: .

How many parts can we take off the cube to make it easy to transport ?

We want to be able to put it together again quickly when we get it over to the new garden.

We need to take it down to a size that will fit through an average gate, because that is the only access we will have when we get the cube to the new house.

We have never had to move the chooks so I don't want to stress them out too much. Our new house is only 15 minutes drive away, so I think that it will be ok to put the chooks into a large box with lots of hemcore and air holes in the lid and have them with me on the back seat of the car :think: .

Has anyone else moved house and found similar problems when it comes to getting the cube out of the garden ?

Kind regards,

Christine

Would the cube fit through if it was removed from the wheels & run, still in one piece but turned on it's back......does that make sense, I think the height of the cube is smaller than the length or width.....back in a mo .......I'm back here's the dimensions http://www.omlet.co.uk/products_services/products_services.php?view=Cube&about=secure%20run&rolling_image_id=3 The cube is 70cm tall & 85cm from front to back, so "lying on it's back" is the smallest way to carry it....I hope it fits, otherwise you'll be taking it apart I'm afraid :roll:

Yes the chooks will be fine in a cardboard box for a couple of hours, if it's cool & dark they'll go to sleep.

Good luck with the move :anxious:

Sha x