achhean

Cold Indoor Rabbits

My rabbits are indoor rabbits (creamrabbit) , but I was forced to put them outside because they shed quite a bit, so I bought the eglu.

However there are a few problems:

1. It's really cold, so we put a lot of thick blankets over the run, but their ears still indicate that they're cold.

2. They don't like going inside the eglu for warmth (green eglu)

Please respond! I feel bad if they're miserable.

:(

I hope that the link I'm about to give you might help. Look a few posts down on the Rabbit forum under author - Franklyrabbit, last post 2nd November, Title - New Eglu Which Rabbits Won't Go Into. I had a similar problem and received lots of help. I hope this helps you too.

Also, if your rabbits have shed a lot of hair they may not have grown their winter coats yet. It is the onset of cold weather which starts this process. I have a couple of microwavable pet warm plates which are excellent in keeping the rabbits warm.

I hope this will help you achhean.

Please let me know how it goes.

I see that there a lot of rabbits who have to get use to living in the eglu. (green eglu)

Approximately how long does it usually take for them to get use to it?

And yes, they did shed A LOT during the summer and recently stopped shedding, so they probably don't have their winter coats yet! Poor things.

What I tried doing was locking them in there at night, but the poor things scratch and the door and really want to come out, so badly that they try to climb on my arm when I open the side hatch and one of them bit me.

My rabbits tend to be pretty difficult. :?