Blackrocksrock Posted December 27, 2009 Share Posted December 27, 2009 I have had to buy eggs in December for the first time ever since my hens started laying in may 2008 and 2 of my hens had a complete moult and no eggs - the third one lays lash eggs and nothing since may time - I noticed one of them had a red comb coming back and checked to-day the nest box and 2 eggs - wonderful so either 2 today or 1 yesterday as I did not check the box yesterday - they free range all day 7 days a week no problem and have hated the snow but I am so so glad they are laying again - One is like a torpedo and the other looks normal so wondering if a double yolker! Will let you know Hoorah for my hens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
meezers Posted December 27, 2009 Share Posted December 27, 2009 Except for Muppet, none of mine have laid since beginning september. Lottie laid on boxing day for the first time in 3 months and Muppet joined in today- has obviously got over her last broody spell , it's like the first egg all over again isn't it ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted December 27, 2009 Author Share Posted December 27, 2009 Except for Muppet, none of mine have laid since beginning september. Lottie laid on boxing day for the first time in 3 months and Muppet joined in today- has obviously got over her last broody spell , it's like the first egg all over again isn't it ? It certainly is like the excitement of the first egg and I must admit I have not found yellow yolk eggs like my own ones as I know what I feed them. Great that your hens have started laying too - its so good. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...