I'm tidying up the garden and dug up an old thyme plant and an old curry plant. I thought I could replant them in the WIR as a treat until they're wrecked. Is there any reason I shouldn't, other than sending worrying messages to the chooks about sunday roast and chicken curry?

I think a fox killed a pigeon in the garden while I was out. Girls seem fine, safe in WIR but no eggs today. Would a scare affect them like that? I can hear it barking outside somewhere now!

I think if the hens get a shock then they might not lay for a day or two.

I dug up some cammomile plants and planted them in my chicken run. I think thyme is fine for them but not sure about curry plant. I think they are quite wise at avoiding stuff that they shouldn't eat.

We have curry plants out in the garden and the hens never bother with it, they do eat the thyme from time to time. :lol::lol::lol: Beware the dreaded "Rue" we bought some as a deterrent for the cats that came to use our garden as a toilet. We had caught our cockerel calling the hens to sample the poo :vom::vom::vom: I had to go every morning to search for cat poo. :vom: The Rue did do the job, but when the chooks brush against it they can get a nasty blister on their combs. It also smells vile :vom::vom:

My chooks munch away at the Rosemary bush, they also adore Sorrel. (so do quails), they also like the occasional bit of basil and the seed heads of the Garlic Chives.

Quite little gastronomes. :D

My Big Girl, Cuckoo, (AKA Matilda), likes to tread all over the Santolina patch, which releases a strong fragrance, I am sure she makes pomander balls in her spare time, that's when she's not sorting her knitting patterrns out. :D

She's an old Auntie sort of a girl :roll: