LuckyChickenLover- Posted May 1, 2010 Share Posted May 1, 2010 I'm weaning my five week old chicks from chick crumbs to growers pellets. So far I've been mixing their chick crumbs with a small a ammount of grower's pellets, and adding a slightly bigger ammount of grower's pellets every day. I thought that this would be a good idea because it would give their tummies time to adjust (I read in a book that if you give them a sudden change of food it might make them sick, you have to give the new food to them gradually and slowly increase the ammounts of the new food), I don't have enough chick crumbs left for a full week anyway. . Am I doing the right thing, or is there a better way of changing their food? Thanks ~ Lucky Chicken Lover Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 1, 2010 Share Posted May 1, 2010 What you are doing is perfect Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LuckyChickenLover- Posted May 1, 2010 Author Share Posted May 1, 2010 What you are doing is perfect Great. Thanks Redwing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...