quirkas Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 To allow my girls more room am having the garden redesigned so they have their own fenced area and can come out for longer each day. As they enjoy perching and being of the ground (better to spy on us) I wondered about building them a sort of tree in the open. Perhaps an upright pole with sort of branches at different height. Has anyone done this and can give some advice or any good ideas. Quirkas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 I haven't seen one but I like the idea Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 I know that several people had made tree like structures in their WIR's some more elaborate than others. I think they would love it if you did it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mollie333 Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 I like the idea. Something like this sounds good. My chickens like my cats scratching post . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted May 8, 2010 Share Posted May 8, 2010 make the base about as wide as it is high unless you can bolt it down a cross shape will do at least 4 x 2 treated timber to make it stable otherwise it will be top heavy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...