Having battled through bird mites invading the house last weekend, from the wild birds, I may add, not my hens;

we've now got Rats!!!!

Great big one caught this morning, and a slightly lesser size one yesterday. Humane traps, because of the hedgehogs, so DH gets the job of taking the captives for a long drive.......... or so he says; we dont want to know :vom:

Rolos are the best bait!!. Do you think i should email the Company and let them know :D

Rolos are the best bait!!. Do you think i should email the Company and let them know :D

Rodents adore chocolate. It's always the best thing to lure them with :D Having kept pet rats and previously gerbils, they always come home for chocolate :D

Sorry you've got a new plague :(Wonder what's next, frogs??

I can believe it because we have the same problem at the moment.

We've completely checked the WIR for entry points, digging etc but there's no evidence at all. Therefore, unless the little blighters are bringing a spade with them and putting the earth back exactly as they found it, they've got to be coming in via the cube run bars which are attached to our WIR.

They are definitely rats not mice as we see them on our chicken cam and mice don't have tails that long...

Interestingly we did find a rat tunnel into the run a few weeks back which we immediately blocked with concrete so perhaps one of them fancied a challenge that day instead....

We take the food in at night so there's nothing in there for them bar the odd spillage of course. Pesky things! So far Eradibait is not working..

Edited by Guest