penelope Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Hi The knowledgeable ones! I have lots of sunflowers on the allotment & I was wondering if one could be hung up in the WIR. I suspect that they probably shouldn't have them as they are fattening & the husks might be a problem but I thought I would ask. The birdies love them but I am not feeding any birds at home since the badger eat through my fence to get to the peanuts last year. I will leave most of the on the lottie for the blue tits but I would feel mean if the girls could have one too. Thanks a lot Penelope. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 Mine peck at the seeds when the flowers fall to the ground. I give them sunflower seeds in their grain and seed mix they have in the afternoon. They are full of protein although they say they shouldn't have too many. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted September 8, 2010 Share Posted September 8, 2010 They can have them no probs but not too many as I think that they can be a bit fatty for them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jellybean29 Posted September 9, 2010 Share Posted September 9, 2010 sunflower seeds are my girls fav treat they have there daily handfull and oH they MAKE sure i dont forget! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
penelope Posted September 10, 2010 Author Share Posted September 10, 2010 Hi Guys Thanks for the reply. I will hang a head up in their wir if the are not out free ranging............ a head of sunflower I mean!! Penelope xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...