Mercedes55 Posted September 12, 2010 Share Posted September 12, 2010 Mine have been doing something really odd the past couple of days. Twice I have seen 2 different girls lay on the floor of the run covered in rapport bedding and the other girls are picking it off their backs. Is this normal behaviour for young hens On a more positive note 3 of them will now eat out of my hand, which I think is quite good having only had them for a week. Now as soon as they see me all 3 run to the door, but the other 1 who is our Cream Legbar seems more reluctant to come near Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scarlettohara Posted September 12, 2010 Share Posted September 12, 2010 My columbines (legbar cross) are the flightiest of all my girls - I still have to chase Moth to catch her I meant to add that my bantams are always grooming and pecking at each other Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chicken bark Posted September 12, 2010 Share Posted September 12, 2010 I think hens are crackers so I suspect their behaviour is perfectly normal. My original 3 hens will eat out of my hand but the later additions won't. I think it may be a deference thing. The original girls are higher in the pecking order. Although my Speckledy was so keen the other day she flew into my face and sent all the treats (pasta and tomatoes) flying. Not quite a nice as them eating out of your hand though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...