hippy chick

bunny castration

My Bunny is having his opp in the morning. I'm feeling kinda nervous at the mo :anxious:

I was wondering how long you peeps keep you bunnies away from other rabbits after having them done :?:

I'm hoping to pair him up with Sookie my lion-head rabbit of fate. She was dumped on me a few days ago with her youngsters. They have already seen each other through the cage bars and seem to be interested in each other. So I guess it's finally time for the opp. I should have had him done weeks ago, because he is the bunny that keeps attacking my chucks :evil:

Any advice on intros and opp after care would be most welcome :D

We had our male done a couple of weeks ago, Fudge, at first we thought he was a she!! he's just 5 months and bounced back really well from the op better than when we had our female done. Both bunnies were outside in the hutch at the time, but I put the run in the shed, and put paper and towels on the bottom and just paper in his litter tray, try to avoid anything that will irritate the wound area. He was nice and warm and snug in there and only needed to spend one night in the shed, after that he went back outside in the hutch but they were separated, our female Nessa then went for her op, so they have been apart for over 2 weeks now, mainly because the female needs long to recouperate, bigger wound etc and more complex. I am in the process of re introducing now, they were together from birth and bought them together so I'm hoping it won't be too bad, but my female is still very hormonal although Fudge is much much more loving and friendly. They are still separated in the hutch until I am happy they will be OK together. They are now in the shed so further away from the house so I can't hear any trouble in the night, which I am afraid of until they are completely happy with each other. Had some great advice on here and am now borrowing another run so that they can smell and be close to eachother without the worry of harming each other and still humping etc, which they will still probably do for a while yet. Good luck, absolutely nothing to worry about, although the week of their ops completely took over my life with care etc, but they were worth it.

(brown rabbit) Fudge

(blackrabbit) Nessa

Well he's had his opp :D

He does seem very quiet but I guess thats only to be expected. He has only just decided to start eating and drinking, but hopefully he should feel a bit better in the morning.

I have put him in the conservatory in his hutch. And I have put his usual hem-core bedding in but do you think I ought to take it out and put him some towels in :?:

The vet said to keep him confined to his hutch for the next 5 days, I don't think he will like that very much :roll:

I have to give him some anti-inflammatory and pain relief for the next few days. Not sure how easy it is to syringe meds into a bunny mouth :?

Glad it went so well. It won't hurt to put some towels in, they find it easier to lie on and a bit warmer. Mine both still have their towels now but when they are completely back together I will remove them. I think all ops are so different, I didn't have to give mine any meds when he came home and he was back outside in the hutch after being in the shed on his own, after a day and back outside in the run about a week later.