Lewis Posted October 15, 2010 Share Posted October 15, 2010 Some of you might remember I went to Cuba in July (a couple of days before Sarahs BBQ) - there were 100s of silly photos on facebook So, I get that they don't really like outside communication, have a ban on facebook over there etc. I sent a few postcards when we were over there, to the neighbours + friends, but no-one got anything. Just one of those things. Turns out our neighbour did get theirs. Today... 3 months and a week late! Just goes to show how good Royal Mail actually are Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted October 15, 2010 Share Posted October 15, 2010 Hope you had a great time Lewis (I wasn't really on-line over the summer so didn't see you'd been to Cuba - how exciting ) Just goes to show how good Royal Mail actually are It's good to get an idea what things are like elsewhere every so often - reminds us how good things are here really Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 16, 2010 Share Posted October 16, 2010 I went to Cuba in January, and my postcards arrived within about a week so I think you were perhaps just a bit unlucky. A postcard my brother sent from California took two weeks to arrive (Pony Express, presumably!). It's a fabulous country, I would love to go back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted October 16, 2010 Author Share Posted October 16, 2010 I went to Cuba in January, and my postcards arrived within about a week so I think you were perhaps just a bit unlucky. A postcard my brother sent from California took two weeks to arrive (Pony Express, presumably!). It's a fabulous country, I would love to go back. I think its quite Wonder where they've been sat for 3 months, how many times its been around the world! I didn't really know what to expect before we got there. No adverts, just political posters + huge propaganda billboards. Obviously no choice of what you buy, one option. The currency is quite strange too - with us using CUCs we pay something like 25 times more than the locals, but its still cheap to us ... Kind of makes you appreciate what we have, and take for granted, over here. We went to the government buildings at Plaza de la Revolucion and a couple of days later Fidel Castro made his 1st public appearance in 4 years! Few photos here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...