Chicken deficient Posted November 21, 2010 Share Posted November 21, 2010 Has anyone noticed their pullets behaving as though they were uncomfortable, leading up to the laying of a first egg? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 22, 2010 Share Posted November 22, 2010 A little crossbreed I had looked as though she was having trouble pooing for a day or two first. In ignorance I gave her codliver oil and lettuce because I thought she was constipated, in fact she prolapsed with the egg. Another time I would feel for an egg and take appropriate action like trying to put some lubricant round it and checking for inflamation in her gubbins. She survived after a rough time. If you are in doubt about one of yours get the breeder to check her or a vet. Better to prevent problems Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...