Chicken deficient Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 We have a large veg patch / allotment. Rather than being a council one, we rent the land as "Garden Rent" from the family estate that owns much of the village. What do you think is a reasonable amount for them to charge a year? I thought council allotments were something like £17 a year, but we are charged a lot more than that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 28, 2010 Share Posted November 28, 2010 How big is the plot? I guess from their point of view the waiting list would be quite high so there would always be someone else to fill it... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken deficient Posted November 28, 2010 Author Share Posted November 28, 2010 The useable bit is probably 10m x 10m ish. It was in a right state when we took it on. There isn't any kind of demand for allotments in the village really, so lots of unused land and certainly no waiting list. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tara.F Posted November 29, 2010 Share Posted November 29, 2010 I pay £58 a year for my allotment and I'm told it will go up a fair bit once water taps are installed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...