meezers

Chickens can see daylight again

We had rain last night - anyone remember what that is? - like snow but wetter :lol: anyway, the snow on the run roof is slowly melting and the chooks can see daylight again. They've been living in a twilight world for the last week and have not been impressed.One of the drinkers made it through the night without freezing :o:clap: My cockerels advances towards Lola are getting more persistent, I think she may come into lay any day now and being able to see daylight can only help :pray: AND Muppet has stopped being broody, why she thought hatching eggs at -13 would be a good idea I really don't know, but at least she lives up to her name :lol: It's only been a week, but I feel as though we're emerging from a long hard winter ! :lol: ( though the weather forecast says it's going to get colder again next week :( )

Thought I'd just add, incase anyone is worried about their chooks being a bit 'out of sorts', the difference in the chooks behaviour this morning is amazing. Whether it was the cold , the dark , or a combination of both I don't know but for the last week they've spent the majority of their time snoozing on their perches and looking fed up. This morning they are all scratching about and dustbathing, back to normal :D