LizBourne

Sunny Side Up

My lovely red Eglu arrived last week (Wednesday) with three plump chickens ('the girls'). We love them! They immediately established a pecking order :D and have entertained us for just over a week now. So why this post? Well, this afternoon when my eldest daughter went into the garden to say hello to the ladies, she looked in the Eglu and found an egg! She said is made her legs go all wobbly with excitement!

We are so thrilled, although I can't quite believe that one of them laid it. Could it have been the cheeky neighbours next door 'planting' an egg? There is no date stamp on it... Is this unusual to have an egg so soon? I wasn't expecting one until the end of the month. It is great timing, though, since we are holding a Hen Party on Monday, with tea and cakes in the garden. I can use the egg for a cake!

Cheers!

Liz and 'the girls' (Hetty, Penny and Madeline)

I must admit I was suspicious of an egg delivery from the neighbours when we had our first one, but Chandon has laid almost every day since.

Totally charmed our neighbour/friend and local councillor (regained seat yesterday) by giving her our first 2 give-aways today asa congratulation.

The first egg is a bit of a miracle isn't it, well they all are really when you think about it.

I kept telling my friends and colleagues "it looks JUST like the ones you buy from the supermarket" :roll:

You are very lucky Liz, some of us waited weeks for the first one!

I kept telling my friends and colleagues "it looks JUST like the ones you buy from the supermarket" :roll:

Hee heee! I know just what you mean Olly! And I had a few strange thoughts about someone planting an egg when we got our first. :D

This just made me think how much we took eggs for granted before getting the chooks :roll: