Chook n Boo Mum

Scratches on piggy's back

We have a pair of 6-8 month old brothers living in a guinlu in the garden, mostly very happy.

For the past couple of weeks due to one thing and another, we haven't had the boys in for a proper cuddle & checkover......at some point in the past couple of weeks, it would appear that Patch has set upon Spot for reasons known only to himself no doubt :roll: & Spot is now sporting a pierced ear and several scratches on his back :bigeyes sad:

The scratches are healing & scabbed over, but I was wondering..can I put some pevidine (iodine stuff) over the wounds to help them heal? or would I be better leaving alone as they seem to be healing on their own? I suspect the latter as they seem to be clean, I suppose I'm asking in the event the little monsters have another s"Ooops, word censored!" in the future :anxious:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts :D

Happy Christmas xx

I always use water with a little bit of salt mixed in on any dirty cuts and it works well, on the chickens too. I've never tried iodine, but if you've got some then I'm sure it'll work fine, might be a bit messy though. Hope this helps