Keats

Frost/Freeze proof water drinkers

Hello

I am in the Highlands of Scotland and am looking for advice about water drinkers for my 6 chickens which are freeze and frost proof. I notice there is one advertised but it is 30 litres so I think that will be too big for the Eglu run.

Does anyone have any experience of these drinkers...are they any good...are they worth the money...or is it just a matter of getting on with breaking the ice?

Thanks

Keats

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you put a tea light in a large sweetie tin with small holes in it and a bowl of water on the top, it won't freeze for a while???

During the really cold snap I changed to bottle feeders like this as they were easy to change and keep very clean. I kept two spare in the house so that I could easily replace the two in the run. I had a right job with frozen glugs and bucket type drinkers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Automatic-aviary-chicken-duck-poultry-drinker-feeder-/190485138938?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Birds&var=&hash=item7216e43d0a