WitchHazel

Michel Roux's service

Anyone else been watching this?

I've really enjoyed it, and I loved that an unsuccessful person wasn't bumped off each week (apart from the unscheduled bumping early on).

I was sooooo willing Ashley to win one of the scholarships that I'm afraid I started to blub when he did. He irritated me in the first couple of shows, but then he seemed to really pull his socks up and blossom. I had another little tear when Fred offered Brooke a job too, I think she really deserved it.

There was a really interesting interview on R4 's Midweek (Wednesday 9am) with Fred Sirieux - he set up a charity some time ago to try and help disadvantaged kids get a new start in the service industry. I really enjoyed hearing him, and I wish he'd got more credit for it.

It was the first article http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y2f2n

Did you watch it? What did you think of the results?

I really enjoyed this too, I just felt sorry that there wasn't a job or scholarship for everyone at the end of it. In some ways I felt a bit sorry that James got a scholarship (presumably he was from quite a privileged background having been privately educated) when it would have made such a massive difference to some of the others who hadn't had the same chances, but to be honest, I don't know how Michel chose between them all. I think they'd all come on in leaps and bounds in a relatively short time (just eight weeks) so I hope they all go on to pursue a career in that industry. I also thought Michel and Fred came over as really nice chaps, so well done to them!!! :clap:

We just love, love, loved it!!!

We were also blubbing big time with Ashley. We were so pleased for him. He deserved the break, he had completely changed in his time there, and mostly was very positive and a team player. He lacked in self confidence but we could see why that was, he'll make a great role model.

I was pleased for Danielle. Nicky would have been great, but i'm not sure that she had the staying power. Brooke, Ashley and Danielle are truely gratefull for the oportunity that has been offered to them.

I was crying for Brooke when Fred spoke to her as she really deserved something, she too had come on a long way.

I thought it was good to see that at the end all the professionals that had dined were really rooting for them, and looked genuinely pleased with the results.

Michel had a tough job in choosing, but the boy did good!

I loved it too, and blubbed like a baby for Ashley, my fingers had been crossed all week! Really pleased for Brooke too.

Really enjouyed the series, a bit different, and it was nice at the end to see where they had all got up to. Would love to pop in to see Ashley and take him some home grown (check my location !) truffles!