oneyolktoanother

What a shock

Monday night picked up our bunny to give him his medcine ( he has a urine infection :( ) and saw loads of blood :shock: got my oh to look took him straight to the sink and stopped the blood with cold water, it was coming from his claw on his back foot :shock: he looks like he has ripped it out of his socket :shock: after we had cleaned him up the blood was everywhere in the bathroom on his rug in the bedroom.

I found his claw in the bedroom just on top of his rug luckily it looks like the root is still there so it should grow back. Then i phoned the emergency vets they said not too bandage his paw and as long as the bleeding had stopped we could take him our normal vets in the morning. Well he was playing straight away and bonking his teddy :lol: but phoned the vets first thing tuesday morning and spoke to vet and he said being as he is on baytril and metacam as he has an appointment on thursday any way for his check we could take him then.

Touchwood he has been ok playing has been a bit quiet last night but still eating, drinking toilet etc but want to speak to the vet about the metacam sure it is making him drowsy as he is lively in the day.

sorry for the long post :oops:

:shock::( The same thing happened to one of my bunnies. We're not really sure how it happened, but we're pretty sure that it got ripped out when she was still quite young, as she used to wriggle a lot when we tried to hold her, poor girl :(

:pray::D Hoping for the best for your bun.

aww poor bun :( thankyou he seems to be doing great has his vet check up today, but i am telling the vet he can't have the metacam as few hours after taking it he goes so quiet and down in him self but is still eating,drinking and pooping, but the next morning when the metacam has worn off he is back to normal playing and very awake.