rachel19 Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 I was making a pizza last week and had no tomatos left so used this mushroom recipe instead and it was lovely! 2x cups mushrooms (any type you like) 1x leek 2x cloves garlic splash balsamic vinegar butter to fry juice of 1 lemon herbs of your choice Fry the mushrooms and leek in butter and balsamic. When beginning to soften, add garlic, herbs and lemon juice. When cooked down with a bit of colour, blitz in blender and spread on pizza base. Add your choice of toppings and enjoy!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 That sounds very nice. My DS isn't too keen on tomatoes so this would be a good alternative. Also would be good for pasta Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 Sounds like a nice idea, but I have a mushroom hating daughter. She eats pretty much everything else, so I will let her off. I sometimes just use tomato puree watered down a bit with water, it is amazing how much water you can beat into tomato puree before it thins down. I then add whatever fresh or dried herbs I fancy and take it from there. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...