Chicken shack Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 If/when I move I want to take my daughters with me. There is a river at the bottom of the garden. Will I be able to let them free range and make use of the river Will they come back to their nesting box and run at night They are Campbells. The river is very gentle, clear and shallow and wild are in the garden. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miller30 Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 If they could swim off down river it wouldnt be a good idea as im sure they wouldnt come back i remember reading in a magazine once about a lady letting her ducks live on the river at the end of her garden she said every night they would come back with one missing unless you could somehow put some nets up and i dont think i would like my ducks mixing with wild ones leanne Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted June 5, 2011 Share Posted June 5, 2011 I think they'd be gone too, if they stayed then they'd almost certainly want to sleep in the open When I was younger we had ducks on a stream at the end of an allotment but it was netted both ends (even under the water) so they couldnt escape Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...