ilovechickens

oh dearie me!

Back in august I brought two bantams-a faverolle bantam and an aracanua bantam-both of which were sold to me as female.....well guess what..one has remained seemingly female and a bantam! the other is a different matter altogether. Annie the aracanua is now Arthur (the very very large bantam) the cockerel!!

Woke up one morning to a crowing noise and as we live in the country I thought it was someone elses noisy cockerel-no it was ours-crowing at girls!!

Not quite sure what to do with him now-as I wont be getting the blue eggs I was after!!

He is lovely looking but looks a bit nutty-and the other problem is the bantam faverolle (Ginny) is in love with him and follows him everywhere!

Oh dear

Araucanas are blooming tricky to sex so most breeders wont let them go till they are sure. Some do slip through the net however

If its only just started crowing now then I think the breeder possibly let it go a bit too early to be sure of its sex but give them the benefit of the doubt and ask for a replacement or refund