pips_pekins Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 I have decided to buy DH a compass for Christmas as this morning whilst out cycling he got lost Having decided that is what I want to get him, I don't know where to start. There seem to be so many different makes and I am not really sure what would be most suitable or how much I would need to spend to get a decent one that will last. I was thinking of spending around £25. Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for and where I could try? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Silva Ranger or Silva Expedition Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
majorbloodnock Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Seconded. You really have to have a good reason not to buy a Silva compass. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Leicester_H Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Go to Millets if you have one (or try online). They have 40% off at the minute. As above, Silva are THE one to have! H Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted December 3, 2011 Author Share Posted December 3, 2011 Go to Millets if you have one (or try online).They have 40% off at the minute. As above, Silva are THE one to have! H Thank you. I will try Millets tomorrow . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted December 4, 2011 Author Share Posted December 4, 2011 Went to Millets today and bought a Silva Expedition and a lot of other things seemed to jump into the bag at the same time! With 40% off and some items 3 for 2 or BOGOFs, it would be rude not too I think the 40% off ends today at 4pm so thank you Hazel for suggesting it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Leicester_H Posted December 4, 2011 Share Posted December 4, 2011 Went to Millets today and bought a Silva Expedition and a lot of other things seemed to jump into the bag at the same time! With 40% off and some items 3 for 2 or BOGOFs, it would be rude not too Quite!! I posted about it earlier (and what fell into my bag!) http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83922&sid=3a8fefe2a2310e6b480b48318079a9cc Glad it worked out, H Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted December 4, 2011 Author Share Posted December 4, 2011 Wow, you did very well with the socks. I was after some socks as well and a fleece and 3 pairs of slippers and 2 pairs of snow shoes and a pair of lightweight walking shoes for OH and a handwarmer and some thermals... OK, didn't really go in for all that but some how left with them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...