scubababe

Dilemma-do I introduce new chooks now or wait?

Hi all,

OK I have read & read & my head is spinning...my dilemma is this...

My gorgeous Amber went to the great big roost in the sky on Christmas day. Hubby has now agreed that a) we can re-do the chook area to be a FANTASTIC WIR & that I can add more chooks..he loves me :clap:

Now given that we are now at the end of December & probably about to get some naff weather

I do not have a spare coop...will either have to buy or build (which will happen whenever this happens) do I get some more chooks now or wait until we have built the WIR?

thought process is that with new environment my current chooks will be disorientated and accept change better or it will actually not make a lot of difference and go for it now.

I know I will have to segregate for at least a week & free range introduce. Just not sure of whether the wait will alter the outcome! :wall: sorry is this making sense?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks pbg, I dreamt about this last night! :lol: I must be getting old...I've decided on the sensible approach and will wait until I have my WIR then that will make it so much easier and hopefully pain free :wink:

Was thinking about buying another eglu but have decided that as all I need is something just while I introduce them, I will maybe make something or maybe use my cat carrier :!: