Omletina Kyckling Posted December 28, 2011 Share Posted December 28, 2011 I made some lovely alternatives to mince pies this year.....saw a fleeting glance of some lovely looking brioche mince pie thingies on daytime tv one day, they just showed them, didnt give a recipe or anything so I made one up.... Basically I made up a batch of brioche dough in my breadmaker (from the Panasonic recipe book, 400g worth of flour), then split the quantity into two, rolled each one out so they were about the size of a swiss roll tin, spread mincemeat over them, then rolled them like you would a swiss roll, cut them into thin slices and put them on a baking tray to rest/rise (they look a bit like chelsea buns or swedish kanelbullar (cinnamon buns))... Then baked them in the oven at 180degC for about 15 minutes and sprinkled icing sugar over them. They have proved to be extremely popular with everybody who's tried them and most have taken home half a dozen with them. I make them quite small so that they are bite size. Last night I made the dough up but this time put chunks of chocolate on the dough and rolled up and they are REALLY special!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mum Posted December 28, 2011 Share Posted December 28, 2011 Oooh, those sound delicious!! Thank you for sharing those ideas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eggasperated Posted February 24, 2012 Share Posted February 24, 2012 Reviving this thread as I decided to try these today to use up some mince meat from Christmas. Unfortunately I ended up with a very sticky dough which was impossible to roll out, I have managed to fashion it into a flat shape and spread it with the mincemeat but it looks a terrible mess. How could I have avoided the sticky dough? How much mincemeat should I have used? And, if I ever attempt this again , how much chocolate for the other recipe? All this has not been helped by my fan element in the oven stopping working so I have also ended up with some very unhappy looking meringues . Going to cook the brioche with the conventional oven and hope for the best. I also only cut the roll in to 8 as it was too sticky to do any more, hope this will be ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...