bluekarin Posted December 29, 2011 Share Posted December 29, 2011 We are going to our good friends for new years this year, in their brand new house - very excited. They are cooking the main and pud but have asked us to bring a starter. Now usually, I am full of ideas. But I can't really think of anything. They have a almost 1 year old, so it needs to be suitable for her. I would like to maybe do a prawn cocktail but with a twist, but any other ideas are gratefully received. Ta me dears Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted December 29, 2011 Share Posted December 29, 2011 Egg Mimosa. Hard boil your eggs cut in half take out yolk & keep Fill eggs with a filling, (salmon, tuna, pate or similar) Mix equal quantities of mayonnaise & soured cream pour over eggs sprinkle grated yolks over the top & garnish with parsley. Simples but yummy For the baby you could keep and egg to the side and she could munch that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted December 29, 2011 Author Share Posted December 29, 2011 Although I would like that, it's my hubbys idea of hell (he's not keen on eggs) but thank you for your suggestion I have never grated egg yolk before. I would have thought it would crumble Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted December 29, 2011 Share Posted December 29, 2011 lol....hubby could have the pate with some toast Yes they do crumble. I normally use a sieve and squish them through to get fine crumbs. looks pretty Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted December 30, 2011 Share Posted December 30, 2011 oooh, pate on toast. little tiny toast triangles Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted January 1, 2012 Share Posted January 1, 2012 So come on then bluekarin, what did you make in the end? lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted January 1, 2012 Author Share Posted January 1, 2012 I did Tabbouleh (cous cous mixed with tin toms, juice of a lemon, loads of olive oil, fresh mint, s&p, thin slices red onion and sundried toms) with some baby leaf salad and some king prawns which had been marinated in olive oil and lemon rind and then pan fried. With a little dressing over the the top for a prawn cocktail esque flavour. Went down very well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted January 1, 2012 Share Posted January 1, 2012 Hmmmmm yum yum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...