mumblecheekyuggs

Is it too late too bond*UPDATE* bonding not worked

As some of you may know i was going to try and bond my rabbit to another, and I found a neutered male who was a blue otter from a rescue in hope that he will bond with my current rabbit. I had two weeks off and the rescue owner said it would take 2 weeks for the bond to form. But after two weeks we had no luck. He fell for her straight away and was grooming her all the time, but she kept on nipping him when he made her jump, despite her often grooming him as well. So we have decided to wait until the summer when I have six weeks off and try it again. We have got it so they can see each other all the time through their attached runs. Could it be that she just wants to be a lone rabbit, as she has been alone since she was a baby, because she was the last of the litter. Will them seeing each other through the wire be okay for the time being???

Thanks for any replies and tips on what to do, hopefully it will work next time.(plse DONT pm me because that's not working at the moment) thanks

To be honest if she was just nipping him occasionally if he made her jump and they were both grooming each other then I'd let them get on with it. When we introduced ours for the first time they had a massive fight and tried to kick the death out of each other. The boy would follow her round after this and she really wasn't interested but we left them to it with lots of space to get away from each other if they wanted in the garden and they sorted themselves out. She moved herself into is larger hutch in the end and they live happily together now. I think she still finds him slightly annoying sometimes but to be honest most girls do! They look completely lost when the other disappears from sight and wouldnt be without each other now.

To be honest if she was just nipping him occasionally if he made her jump and they were both grooming each other then I'd let them get on with it. When we introduced ours for the first time they had a massive fight and tried to kick the death out of each other. The boy would follow her round after this and she really wasn't interested but we left them to it with lots of space to get away from each other if they wanted in the garden and they sorted themselves out. She moved herself into is larger hutch in the end and they live happily together now. I think she still finds him slightly annoying sometimes but to be honest most girls do! They look completely lost when the other disappears from sight and wouldnt be without each other now.

I agree, you will get some fur flying but it does calm down. I bond males from different litters (something people

say you should never do :roll: ) my two wouldn't be without each other now but it did take a good 6 mths.