laurmurf

Reclaiming PPI on old loans

Just wanted to alert Omleteers who might consider doing this but haven't yet, it is definitely worth it and isn't any hassle whatsoever!

I used the template letters on the Martin Lewis Moneysavingexpert.com website ( http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance ) and sent them off to the company I had a loan with. I had some but not all of the paperwork and included that. It took some persistence (in total 3 letters) but I've just heard back from them that they have found in my favour for the loan that I paid off 4 years ago! :dance:

Even better they found that I had several loans from 1998 all paid off in succession that I hadn't included in my original letter that had also been missold to me so have also been found in my favour.

I am getting a cheque from them for lots and lots of mis sold Payment Protection Insurance loans + 8% interest! As I'm about to leave work at the end of my contract and YD is going to university in Sept it's all come at a fantastic time.

I would heartily recommend it!

I did it about 4 years ago. I made quite a big claim from barclays for my PPI and I also had insurance ( i didnt know about) on my current account which covered me for sickness. I was off work for a while after a bad car crash (car rolled down an embankment after wheel detached) i rang barclays for assistance and they told me to "up my loan" a couple of years later i found out i had insurance and set a good case against them. Was well worth it as the payout came just before we moved 8)