BizzyMomma

Question about "lashes"..???

A couple of week ago I rescued a pair of Warrens at the local working mens club bird auction, Betzy & Ditzy. It was obvious that Betzy was far older than Ditzy just by looking at their respective combs. We've made them comfy in the (purple eglu) and they've settled into my routine nicely, no eggs but there you go.

This morning when we let them out we found in the (purple eglu) an !egg! and also what looked like a piece of meat, which I recognised, thanks to this forum, as being a "lash" and assume that it was Betzy who passed it? Do I have it right that a "Lash" is an end result of her clearing her system out in preperation to start laying again or does it's appearance have a more sinister meaning??? :think::think:

Just a quick update on this.....on Friday morning I was doing my usual mid-morning nest box check and was over the moon to find not 1 BUT 2 eggs in Betzy & Ditzy's (purple eglu):dance: 2 days on and Betzy has laid daily for me, MASSIVE eggs they are too gawd Bless her 'ickle cotton socks!! :clap::clap: So I now have all 4 of my older girls laying daily at the moment!!!! :dance::dance: