Leanne

hello!

Hello! I've just registered for the forum and thought I'd say hello! we took delivery of our eglu on the 8th june last year,quite early in Omlets history I think, along with Betty and Ruby.I can honestly say getting our girls was one of the best things we've ever done! just wish I'd done it years ago, although that wouldv'e been pre-eglu!

our chickens are established members of the family, and their photo is in the gallery along with our 2 dalmatians. they have distinct personalities, very different from each other, and never fail to surprise me. Ruby is head chicken, with Betty as her sidekick, although its Betty who has the sense of adventure, and often devises escape plans. Ruby always looks wonderful. every shiny black feather in place and preened to prefection. Betty normally looks like she's been dragged through a hedge, and needs a good grooming.

we had eggs from day one, and we have now been through their first moult. we chose not to have artificial lighting, prefering the girls to lay as nature intended. So we had few eggs throughout the darkest days, and none at all throughout the moult, but I am pleased to say both girls are back to laying every day, and the eggs are wonderful.

we lost our old cat not long after getting the chickens, but in august adopted two 7 week old kittens. Millie and Finbarr are now 8 months old, full of mischief and no match at all for the girls!

before I finish I'd just like to say how impressed we have been both with the eglu itself and with Omlet. its not often you get good service these days, or such good follow-up care so well done!

Hello Leanne and welcome to the forum.

We got our Eglu in June last year too - it was my birthday present! Glad to hear all is going well with you and your feathery girls. Great, aren't they.

Hope you'll keep posting on the forum we're a friendly bunch and love a good natter.

Have you seen Imogen's terrific questionnaire in the Nesting Box yet? Hope you'll take a minute or two to fill in a copy so that we can get to know you a bit better - there's nothing too personal or searching to answer :D . There's also a Welcome New Members topic in the Nesting Box where you can come and introduce yourself.