Kylie1007

Under the weather or ill?

Afternoon all

Just a quick question - I know you're not psychic but wondering if you can give me any help with my chicken! She was let out this morning when I walked up the garden to take my son to school and was absolutely fine. On the way back I couldn't see her anywhere but realised that she was hiding under some shrubs in the garden. She was very reluctant to come out and since then has been very quiet - very unlike her! She doesn't have any outward signs of illness, is a relatively young chicken (about 18 months old) and her eyes are still nice and bright, she's just really quiet. I've picked her up and put her in her house where she has stayed since I picked my son up from school.

I can't think of anything untoward except this morning when I threw out their corn with a couple of slices of left over bread that the "4th honorary chicken" i.e. the pain in the derriere seagull who normally comes down and helps himself to their pellets wanted the bread and could have given her a fright?

Can anyone suggest anything to perk her up or suggest what may be going on?

Ok not a quick question :angel:

She came out with the other two this morning and was peckign around and eating the corn I'd thrown down for them. I thought she was slower to join the others though - normally she's such a cheeky girl and can't wait to get down the garden. Will keep an eye on her and check on her in a bit. It's funny how you notice when a chicken isn't herself isn't it but they really do have such different personalities!