legend21

Indian Runner Ducks

I have a cube with 7 hens in it, I am now thinking of getting 2 female Indian Runner Ducks, which I will house seperately but I want to know if they can all roam about together, I have a large bog (omlet fenced off) would my girls attack the ducks of vice versa, is it the same as when you get a newby and have a period of bullying or is it a total no no,

thanks

I have recently got 2 little call ducks which, though housed separtely from my banty chickens and Silkie cockerel, do FR with them in the garden. At first the chickens were rather scared of them and clearly could not work out what they were, viewing them with the general distrust that chickens seem to regard all things new. :roll: However now the chickens definitely have the upper hand.

Mostly the little ducks keep out of their way but we have had a couple of occasions where the ducks have got in the chickens' way at feeding time and have been chased off rather meanly. On both occasions I intervened and "Ooops, word censored!"ody got hurt but I am keeping a watchful eye in case I have to use some Omlet netting to separate the ducks FR area from the chickens. It could be that you won't have these problems as a) your ducks would be larger than mine and b) I think you have not got a cockerel and I think mine is the ring leader.