Roselady

More questions

Could I ask your advice please ?

Ok, well I mentioned on another thread that Bossy Bren Pekin was not herself and seemed off colour all weekend and Yesterday morning. Took her to the vet and he examined her and said she was fine. (he is an avian vet) She has recently been subtley deposed of her position as top chook (by the araucana we ve had for 10days) and I wondered if it had stressed her or if she has lost confidence? Doing alot of anxious peeping, completely opposite to how she was before.

Other question is, when do I put the roosting tray back in the Go? They refuse to walk on it never mind roost and sleep in a squashed up little heap.

Thanks, it's great being able to ask these questions being new to all this!

Hello :) It can take a while for things to settle when newbies are introduced to an existing flock and for the girls to sort the pecking order out; hopefully your little Pekin will settle soon :angel: I've never had a problem with roosting bars but I'd just put them back in and let the girls get on with it :wink:

Hi there

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it. :P

Well Bossy Bren seems much happier now so hopefully things have settled down a bit :wink:

I will put the roosting tray back in this evening and see how they go. They seem to be getting bigger by the day at the moment and come running at top speed when we shout 'come on girls' hehe. :lol: