Chickendoodle Posted July 6, 2012 Share Posted July 6, 2012 This http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beetroot_seed_cake_50355 is absolutely amazing, moist, not too sweet and pretty healthy. Gave one to a friend and her OH said it was the best cake he had ever had ! The mixture goes into the oven bright red due to the beetroot but the cake is normal brown cake colour when it is cooked - weird Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 6, 2012 Share Posted July 6, 2012 Sounds yummy, it's a shame my beetroot are a disaster this year covered in weeds and tiny. I must sow some more if it ever stops raining. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted July 6, 2012 Share Posted July 6, 2012 Thanks for posting this. I get loads of beetroot in my veg box over autumn/winter. I love it, but never have enough recipes to use it up in different ways as there's just so much of it! I've been looking for a good cake recipe and I'll definitely try this one as it comes with a thumbs up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...