Roselady Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 Since the weekend I've not little feathers all over the place. At first I thought there was pecking going on, but there doesn't appear to be. It's little downy feathers so maybe it's their baby ones? I've off with them today and they're everywhere! They aged between approx 11 and 16wks. Is this normal? Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 their moulting and about to grow their first adult feathers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roselady Posted July 11, 2012 Author Share Posted July 11, 2012 Ah thanks for replying I didn't know they moulted so young. They're all over the grass! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mollyripkim Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 They will be nice for the wild birds. When I had one moulting earlier this year the sparrows would come and collect the feathers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roselady Posted July 11, 2012 Author Share Posted July 11, 2012 Yes, I've left them and hopefully the wild birds should collect them. The sparrows have more than one lot of chicks in the summer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...