karencopas

ducks and drakes??

hi all,

my ducklings are now 8 weeks old (duck)(white duck) and happily living in their new WIR and (cube purple).

i've spent a lot of time listening to them quacking and think i have 4 drakes!! how long do you think they will live together harmoniously? i originally had 12 and gave 6 back to the farmer he thinks he has 6 females-just my luck! i think i may be able to swap a couple of ducks with him, although we all love the 6 we have, will it make any difference that they we hatched them in an incubator, they all seem so happy to be together and follow each other all the time :)

HI karen now we are getting late in the year you shouldnt get any problems until next year when we hit breeding season. 4 drakes would be fine together if you had no females but they will be manic with 2 put it this way my indian runner drake bigbird had 9 wives and it wasnt enough they still had bald bleeding heads he has nearly ended up in a pie more than once leanne :)

yeah i have 2 that quack and they now look slightly smaller than the other 4 who i think are boys (duck) i'll see how they go but am expecting to have to part with my big brown boys who are very gorgeous at some point :( i'll be left with a white trio and maybe i'll bring my little call boy home and find him a pretty call wife :)