snailsandchickens

Grub 'n' Glug for ducks?

So do you think it is a good idea to get a grub 'n' glug for my two khaki cambells? I have one for my hens and they get on with it fab just wondering if you think my two scary ducks will go for it or not they have a basic feeder at the mo that lets rain in and blocks and clogs at the mere sniff of damp :0!

Some expert advise from you knowing bunch needed xx

My little call ducks have a purple grub / glug on one of those Omlet frames and they use it just fine. I put a few meal worms on top of the duck pellets at first and they soon got the hang of it. The Grub stays dry (unless I stupidly put it facing into driving rain) which I think must be good as I read somewhere that ducks can get blocked nostrils if their food goes to mash. The water in the Glug they make into a real mess (though it is cleaned out each day) from all the mud on their beaks but they don't seem to mind this at all.

My two ducks use a grub with layers pellets in and they have a tub trug for water. They were fine using the hens' glug today though. :lol::lol: I had hung it in the walk in run whilst getting things ready to move my two old hens in and the ducks went in and had a good old dabble. I had to empty and refill it as it was a mud pie :roll: x

Hahaha Our ducks have a small pond to dabble in they get so excited when we clean it and they have fresh water we do have a Glug too and in PURPLE cool colour my chickens have green ones I don't think they have used the glug yet but the grub there is evidence of them using that as they are still alive I scooped the crumbs to the front and let some spill out they quickly got the idea. Thanks for your helpful, funny comments :0)

xx Rachael :)

tehe is that your chook home it looks lovely! I have the Grub and Glug they do not really use the Glug they use the pond instead :? they sit with their heads in the little bush we have in the run and quack away when ever we go near them I have been giving them tit-bits to try and get them more friendly we originally only wanted chickens but we wanted chicks but the eggs didn't hatch but duck ones did so we now have two ducks hehe :D