Luvachicken

My poor Wispa got put to sleep today

Well, after treating Wispa with the wormer and eye drops for the last 3 weeks the vet said last time to bring him back today.

We did, and I told her that we thought he had lost a lot of weight since she'd seen him last.

She re-weighed him and he had lost quite a lot of weight in that time.

She said there was probably something else going on and that really his life would now be a downward spiral.

So we chose to have him put to sleep.

He was such a gorgeous bunny, so soft and cuddly, and so friendly too.

I will miss him so much.

Rest in peace lovely bunny xxxxxx

I am so sorry, EC is such a nasty parasite attacking the organs as they pass through and i know that Ruby

is very lucky to still be with us.

Thanks to a certain insurance company and my local vet being on the ball i was able to take her to see an

optometrist at Willows in Solihull and Richard Saunders (rabbit vet) in Bristol, It has cost £3000 so far but

she has helped Richard understand EC more and the optometrist has learned a great deal about rabbits eyes

and hopefully this will help other rabbits.

More research is needed into this horrid parasite.

Thank you both.

Yesterday afternoon was really sad for me and my daughter, but it was the best thing to do for Wispa.

Seeing an empty cage this morning was sad too, but I have cleaned it out and am going to use it as a cupboard for now.

We buried him in a sunny spot in the garden, wrapped in the towel from the vets with some food and treats.

I hope he enjoys them in bunny heaven.

I would quite like to get him a little cross. Any ideas where to get one from ?