Minnie&Moose

rubbing noses - what does it mean?

Can anyone tell me what 'rubbing noses' means in rabbit speak please? Our visiting rabbit, Pippi, has taken to rubbing her nose against mine each morning when I feed her - she sits up on her hind legs and as I lean over to put stuff in her hutch she very gently bumps me on the nose with hers. She does the same when she's in during the evenings if I'm sitting on the floor. It doesn't seem to be aggressive, she always seems very relaxed when she does it.

Thanks LBB - very helpful and very interesting. I think Pippi could be in for a few suprises as we try to 'talk rabbit' with her :lol:

On another topic altogether - I didn't know rabbits were so smart. It took her 2 goes to work out how to use a treat ball - the cat it was originally bought for never got it in 12.5 years and she wasn't a particularly stupid cat :roll: It's hilarious watching Pippi racing round the living room with her ball - she doesn't get it every evening but when she does it contains part of her daily ration of dried food (known as bunny crack in our house because of the way she falls on it in preference to everything else :lol: ). I'm trying my best to keep her slim and svelte for her owners - don't want to hand back a podgy bun when the time comes :oops:

Mmmm ours will nudge your nose with theirs if your at the same level or if you put your hand out they'll nudge that and run away - not overly sociable rabbits ours, happier with their own company and destroying our garden.

'Bunny crack' is a very good description. I use ours for getting them back in their hutch when they're out in the garden - i just have to shake the bag and they launch themselves back in the hutch and look expectantly at you if you take too long! :lol:

If you every are passing this way i have some toys she may like, My old bunny blind does them too

quickly and has moved onto dog puzzles, Noel the youngest rabbit just likes to run and run and run

around the house and not interested. :roll:

Thanks LBB - if I'm heading up your way I'll let you know. I love the sound of Noel!