MissPug+Chooks Posted October 1, 2012 Share Posted October 1, 2012 Hi Guys, I am having rotten luck! Not only was hoppy hoppy put to sleep last week, but one of my new bantams that hubby bought for me has now gone lame. She was fine 2 hours ago and now is not putting any weight on her leg. Ive examined it and there are no obvious signs or soreness/cuts/heat etc even with my squeezing a bit to see if she'd react. So I have phoned the vet to find out if she can have some Metacam to see if that helps at all. Its the dog version and I know that there is a difference between the Dog and Cat version so waiting for him to call me...has anyone else used Metacam? She is now in the hutch with 5* luxury to limit her walking around etc....I don't need ANOTHER Hoppy Hoppy Chicken in my life!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted October 1, 2012 Share Posted October 1, 2012 sure your vet will tell you, but resting might be all she needs too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reikiranf Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 One of my girls was prescribed Metacam by the vet and she had the dog version, I had to put 2 drops a day onto a little piece of bread for her. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted October 7, 2012 Share Posted October 7, 2012 I wouldn't give Metacam without a vet prescribing it. It does have some rather serious side effects if overdosed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...