Margalot

Hen drinking a lot?

Hi,

one of my hens seems to be drinking excessively or is obsessed with the drinker? No other obvious probs, except some watery poos, but dont know if this is down to the water. She is in full moult as well, do you think it could be worms??? she is eating ok and mixing with the others when she can drag herself away from the drinker :roll:

The other thought I had was I have been keeping them restricted to their run a lot lately it is a very big run 3m x3m, just because its so wet and muddy and we have a a fox visitng at night, so wanted to make sure they are safe when I am not there. Could it be boredom? as she has less opportunity to forage/ explore? she is the most intelligent of all my chooks! :think:

dinking lots of water = watery poos so I suppose that makes sense. Drinking lots is one of the symptoms of worms, but could also be other things. When did you last worm (with flubenvet)? Would be a bit careful about too much trauma when moulting.... Are you giving her any tonics (lifeguard etc) to help with moult - orego stim is meant to help with runny tums as well..... Perhaps send off a sample to check for worm load if you are worried?

H