urbanchick

Has anyone replaced the wheel unit on their cube??

Mine has rusted and I eventually bought a replacement part. However it has arrived with no instructions or clips/cable ties. As I did not construct the original cube I have no idea where to start.

If anyone has done it can you tell me if you had to deconstruct the entire thing or were you able to put the cube on its side and do it?

I would be grateful for any pointers. Thanks.

In case anyone is searching for an answer to this......

After removing the back and roof, I unscrewed the side panels of the cube. Then I unscrewed the run and separated it from the cube. Next I unclipped the 2 small bits of run skirt at the back. Then tipped the cube onto its back end before removing and replacing the part.

Tip: have some cable ties handy to reattach bits of the run and skirt.

I will no doubt be returning to this post for a reminder when I have to replace the other wheel unit, which I can feel is degrading the same way. Hmm I wonder if a quality wooden house would have been this much trouble......

My Cube sits on concrete slabs butted up to a WIR and hardly ever gets moved but the left hand wheel still rusted off the frame! :roll:

I have replacements but haven't fitted them as I don't need to do so yet.

You are right though, the Cube needs to be disassembled. When putting it together the base sits completely upside down and the wheels are the first thing to go on :)