Jump to content
Cinnamon

Housebound....

Recommended Posts

Just caught up with this, I had a similar injury a couple of years ago tore my calf muscle whilst dinghy sailing with hubby, he didn't believe I could be in so much pain as all I had done was push the boat off from the beach. I finished the sailing and then couldn't walk up the beach because leg was so painful. Took a load of painkillers and then had to fly to the states for work the following day. Got home 3 days later in a right state, ended up at the hospital seeing the orthopaedic consultant and had a scan the same day. I ended up on crutches for 5 weeks and walked with a limp for another 3 months. It's all better now but I'm sure my recovery was slow because I did too much originally. Try to get yourself so physio ASAP, the physios did gentle massage initially to help get the swelling down and then a gradual increase in strengthening exercises.

The orthopaedic consultant was very brusk, he said its an injury for athletes then added who are past their prime! :shock:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...