StephenW

Ivomec (bit worried after treatment)

Hi guys,

I treated my banties last night with Ivomec spot on as instructed by the lady at the vets but this morning I have noticed that 2 of them are doing something unusual, they are putting the bottom of their beaks on the ground and walking back a few feet?

Can anyone help please?

Steve

I am no longer registered on that forum and unfortunately unlike this forum sadly for the chickens people are unable to find the very valuable information without signing up. I post of think they did but I have it so my mind that one died but that was almost immediately. However I can not trust my memory on this one! I will see if someone I know can look if someone doesn't turn up here to tel you

Over dosage can result in neurological symptoms and there may be little that you do other than support them - keep warm, quiet, fed and hydrated. I think only time will tell if they recover I am afraid :( Ivomec is not licensed for use in poultry and this is why many vets despite criticism will not prescribe it. Good luck with your birds. If they do recover :pray: it would be unwise to use it again.