Minnie&Moose

Pippi has started to dig!

Pippi, the dwarf lop we're looking after, dug herself out of the run attached to her hutch on Saturday :shock: Fortunately I was in the garden cleaning the chickens so I spotted what was happening before she got too far. Is this a spring thing by any chance? We've had her since last July and there's been no sign of digging until now. I've no idea whether she's neutered or not (I forgot to ask her owners).

For her own safety, I've moved her hutch and connected runs onto the patio for now - not as nice for her but at least I know she'll still be there when I get home from work :roll:

She now has a very pink tub trug full of soil in her run and often all we can see of her is a fluffy behind as she 'digs for England'. Hasn't done a lot for the state of the soles of her feet though - and she doesn't take kindly to having them wiped before she's released onto the living room carpet in the evenings!

I think Pippi's digging may be related to spring! Not only has she taken to digging huge holes whenever she can (we make sure she can't escape) but recently she's been overly friendly towards my arm :oops: , a couple of evenings ago she mounted our female kitten (Molly the kitten wasn't impressed), and this evening Molly's teddy (she snuggles up to it now that her brother's dead) was subjected to a succession of indignities! :roll: I have now emailed Pippi's owners to check to see whether she's been neutered or not (we're looking after her until July while they're out of the country) - I'm betting that she hasn't been!

Our male dwarf lop, Flash (who's not neutered), doesn't dig. But he does enjoy being with his best friends - two old footballs (one black, one white, so he's clearly not prejudiced). He really "loves" them both... :shock: He also tried it on with one of the chickens (Scramble) recently, so we don't let them out together now.