AndreaT

More chicks

After Pipers disappointing hatch of only 3 out of 8 eggs with no Orpingtons I got 6 mixed Orp eggs for Cristal who, luckily, was broody. She hatched 3 little bundles of fluff on Weds/Thurs and here they are;

9047418501_be2c49de00_z.jpg

I think there are two lavender and a silver laced. Hopefully there'll be a better girl/boy ratio this time, two of the last hatch are definitely boys!

the dark one wont be silver laced but possibly gold laced

I thought it was the wrong colour too so I sent the picture to the breeder thinking it was a buff but he said it was silver laced. Not sure he even has gold laced ones so it will be interesting to see what it turns out like! :D

Thought you might like to see how Cristals chicks are doing, they are huge! :shock: They are now 10 weeks old and I've a feeling they are all boys but they are lovely and very calm compared to the Welsummer cockerel that Piper hatched.

The laced one has turned out to be silver which is surprising, unfortunately I'm pretty certain this one's a boy

9569165725_d578fe5239_c.jpg

The two lavenders. I'm not sure about these, some days I think they're boys other days pullets!

9569174967_db4931bb1f_c.jpg

This shows just how big they are, Crystal is a LF Australorp and is not a small bird! She had been a brilliant mum and although she has gone back to the main coop she still hangs out with them during the day.

9571958498_1085ff2db7_c.jpg