charly1979 Posted August 9, 2013 Share Posted August 9, 2013 Ok so I am most possibly posting a little early Little Tufty Anna and my late Julian have 12 babies (growing incredibly fast !) they are about a month old. We are wondering if anyone can help with sexing. I will try and get some pics tomorrow but they don't seem to want to stay still. My uncle who hasn't even seen them said that will most likely have 8 boys ??? We think Tufty Anna is a Legbar and Julian was a Gold Laced Orpington Any tips would be great, I appreciate without picture it is all speculation, also if anyone can point us in the direction for websites re rehoming the boys in the southwest Tufty Anna (I will get a better snap of her too) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mimi5 Posted August 10, 2013 Share Posted August 10, 2013 Now really Charly1979.......I remember your saga of Julia/Julian Sexing chicks isn't easy Did you note the early feather growth? Girls tend to feather up more quickly in the first few days/weeks (did I remember right that the chicks were at your mums??) Also watch their behaviour, boys may start "fighting". I know with my pekin boys it was easy to see and by 7/8 weeks they were crowing too!! Re-homing maybe a problem as your boys will be mixed. I was lucky and my pekin boys all got good homes I advertised them locally on notice boards (vets etc) Sorry to hear about Julian I remember reading he was off colour........do you know what happened?? Hopefully you will have some of his daughters to remember him by I have 3 of my Monty's daughters and one has his neck feather colouring Best wishes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted August 10, 2013 Author Share Posted August 10, 2013 lol but Julian was much bigger and deep down we knew Yes they are all at mums dads just built them a huge WIR lucky lot There was quite a lot with early feather growth and currently there are about 3 that still have some fluff, we have also noticed some sparring but they move so fast and are so similar its hard to say who did what give them time, Im hoping that they are mainly girls then I get to add 2 to my lot Mum is definitely keeping one of the boys possibly two as they have the space to for two runs, the lucky boy will be called JJ (Julian Junior) we will just have to put notices up for rehoming the others and keep our fingers crossed, I doubt we will let any of girls sit on eggs this only happened because Tufty was hidden in a hedge and Dad had a soft spot for her so he said let nature run its course A few snaps I need to train them to line up and stand still, however I asked Eyore cat to bring me my blanket about 5 months ago and im still waiting so I don't hold out much hope for my chicken training http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/axeyachtclub/slideshow/Facebook/Julian%20and%20Tuftys%20Babies%20getting%20bigger Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...