oneyolktoanother

Problem laying first egg

Our new pol chilli was not right yesterday and was making loud gurgling noises we was worried as we had lice powered them the day before and diatom earth in the coop which she was fine with last week. But she kept going in the coop and looking egg bound she then layed her first egg but went off her legs so we took her in the house to keep her warm but she kept standing up so she is back out she is walking a bit more today but still siting in the run a lot and she has had two poops with blood in any ideas or advice I'm so so worried :(

The poops with blood in are not necessarily a problem Oneyolktoanother. She may be shedding gut lining, which is perfectly normal but looks awful. But it is important you check her vent as the other possibility is she has prolapsed and torn the vent inside out during the laying of her first egg. A little blood on first eggs is normal, but occasionally they will lay an egg too large for their current development/ size.

Wait to hear from you.

The poops with blood in are not necessarily a problem Oneyolktoanother. She may be shedding gut lining, which is perfectly normal but looks awful. But it is important you check her vent as the other possibility is she has prolapsed and torn the vent inside out during the laying of her first egg. A little blood on first eggs is normal, but occasionally they will lay an egg too large for their current development/ size.

Wait to hear from you.

Thanks for the reply just checked vent is perfect didnet see any blood in her poop just but she seems weak on her legs she will walk around a bit and then rest

Need to check her abdomen for swelling Oneyolk. Her comb should be red not pale. Is she eating and drinking properly, so is her crop full and reasonably firm, but not hard? She doesn't sound right but I'm guessing as to why? An internal problem is a possibility, so has she laid another egg yet?

Need to check her abdomen for swelling Oneyolk. Her comb should be red not pale. Is she eating and drinking properly, so is her crop full and reasonably firm, but not hard? She doesn't sound right but I'm guessing as to why? An internal problem is a possibility, so has she laid another egg yet?

Her comb is red she's eating and drinking and getting up more and walking about a bit more. No she hasn't layed another egg yet

Pleased to hear that Oneyolktoanother. Perhaps it's a muscle strain after laying the first egg? Just a wild guess.

I was thinking that she's been up more today and eating but is still resting a lot phoned the vet he said keep an eye in her as he doesn't want to give her drugs as she's young. They do worry you I've had a few sleepless nights thanks for your help I will keep you updated